wow! I never realized how much dedication goes into writing a blog. The answer is a lot. But, since it's been a week since my last post, I should be able to come up with some things to write about and hopefully get back on the bandwagon. I'm absolutely certain that nothing excited happened on Wednesday... I may have made dinner with Brad? I know that the two of us went to the library and got good books (cool story bro).
Thursday: On Tuesday I received a call from Mr. HR at the Mall of America. He asked if I would be able to come in and sign some paperwork/ have a final interview. Of course, I said "of course!" We set up the interview for Thursday annnnnnnnnnnd when I got to MOA, I was offered a 6 month internship doing what I absolutely love: Social Media! Now instead of having to feel bad that I check facebook on occasion at work, my JOB will be facebooking and tweeting and social media-ing. It doesn't get any better than that :) After I was offered the job, I had to take a drug test. That was odd, never had to do one before! After the drug test, I met my mom and some of her friends at Chili's (the chain restaurant) and had delicious chips and guac and Margarita chicken! nom, nom, nom. After that, I came home and a few people came over for drinks and then we headed to the bars! Due to the fact that I lost my license I had a terrible time trying to prove that I was who I said I was... LESSON: make sure that you never lose your license. It is very difficult to replace.
Friday: On Friday I did the usual class/ work thing. came home, showered and went to a concert with Hannah Banana. We saw "Thoroughly Modern Millie" at Roseville High School. Her mom's boyfriend's son was in the play, so we decided to help support him. The play was good, not Broadway but close :) The leading character did a great job (as did Charlie). After the play, I headed over to "the guy's house" there was a keg and a ton of people! It was great fun and definitely reminded me of pre- bar lyfe.
Saturday: Saturday was quite the day. Brad informed me Friday night that his mom, gma and aunt were coming up to the cities and wanted to take him to lunch. Brad heard "lunch" but failed to hear "shopping and flower display tour." It was awesome seeing him walk around looking at a bunch of flowers- most likely the highlight of my weekend. I will try to get a photo up soon! After the great time spent at the flower show, we headed to Key's Cafe; my absolute favorite restaurant. Wanda was so nice and bought me a lemon cookie; my absolute favorite cookie. Luckily, Brad doesn't like that cookie so I had the whole thing to myself :). Saturday around three we (Tanner, Brendan, Alex [I won't refer to you by your last name as I usually do to protect your privacy!], Brad, Brit, Carrie, Zach and I) headed to Herkimer's in uptown and had delicious happy hour appetizers and good drinks. If you are ever looking for a place to go for happy hour, please go to Herkimer's, its FANTASTIC! After Herkimer's we headed to a gelato/ coffee shop and then to Drink! then Williams Peanut Bar. The peanut bar was my favorite and even found some peanuts in my purse Monday morning to snack on.
Sunday: On Sunday I headed back to uptown with my sister and met our cousin at the French Meadow (also a restaurant I suggest you try). I had a delicious omelet. All the food there is organic and local and they have TONS of options to choose from. After lunch we headed over to Buffalo Exchange, a consignment store just up the street. I resisted and didn't buy ANYTHING! This is usually a task that is extremely difficult for me. After meeting up with Julie, I came home and studied for the next five hours woohoo!
Monday: Yesterday was by far the most typical day, except that I have started interviewing students who will take over my job when I graduate. It's kind of fun, but it's hard to choose someone that you think will be a good fit. Lots of people can look good on paper, but you need someone who can also fit in with the peeps. Hopefully tomorrow's cantidates will be good!
Today: I walked into work today and my bosses had set up the cutest "congratulations on your internship!" treat station; Molly made cupcakes and Nancy brought in pita chips and hummus. Needless to say, every time I shifted at my desk I reached over and had a pita chip with hummus (my ultimate downfall). It was so fun inviting my work friends to my desk for cupcakes and it definitely made me realize how much I will miss that job! Later on in the day I had a marketing midterm. When I read my textbook I can't help but thinking "this test is going to be a piece of cake!" but, when I start taking the test, it is pretty difficult... I guess we will see how it goes! Qdoba with Brad for dinner and heading to Caribou to read in a little bit!
That's all for now!
Alex
ps- hopefully this will suffice T- Beatz
No comments:
Post a Comment