Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Because Leah said so...

So, my sister asked today where my blogging went... that's a good question, this is tough, especially when there isn't really a whole lot to say regarding life.  Really, the only thing going on recently is a research paper that I must write that discusses the political/ economic impact that Dove's Campaign for Real Beauty has had on the world we live in.  Let me tell you, this takes time. Lots and lots of time.  The hardest part was actually choosing what to write about because as many of you know, I care a lot about media and communications and how the two are related and the synergistic components of each.  Yeah, I know, probably boring  to a lot of people, but you like math or science, those are subjects NOT for me.

Last night (I will combine yesterday and today just this once), Brad and I made dinner.  I love cooking dinner and like to experiment with fun recipes that call for like 15 ingredients (all of which I don't have), but my wallet doesn't like that so much.  Most people find that eating at home costs significantly less than eating out, but I think the cost for the food I make vs. going out is comparable.  oops.  Anyways, I digress, Brad and I made dinner and we had rice, chicken, broccoli and stuffing.  Boxed stuffing, rice with veggies in it and chicken with dipping sauce, it was not a meal you would see on the Iron Chef, but still delicious!  I suggest to everyone out there that likes buffalo wild wings: Go to Target and buy there sauces, they have tons! Parmasean garlic, asian zing; you name it, they have it.

Recipes
I'm going to have to try this.  http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Bubble-Pizza/Detail.aspx
News Story
Abercrombie and Fitch has started selling a bikini with a push up bra... is this really the big issue?  An article I read today pointed to the fact that the swimsuits weren't the problem, it was the fact that children have learned that this is the way they should dress, it isn't about their "self- image" its something much, much worse.  This isn't the article I read, but a little more interesting info.  http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfmoms/detail?entry_id=85551
Interesting Fact/ News on the Job Front
Reese Witherspoon got married on Saturday- I know, exciting right? Something a little more exciting/ interesting.  Back in the 1960s there was a TV station that blocked out a TV show whenever an African American was shown in a positive light.  The UCC played a very integral part in getting the FCC to take a closer look at the program and eventually the station was banned from blocking the TV shows.  I sent a few applications out today, one to the Radisson on campus to work as the sales manager.  We shall see how it goes.  I have a final interview with MOA on Thursday.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment