So, in a feeble attempt to stay on top of social media, I have decided to start a blog. I've had many a hesitation regarding this blog... ask my roommate Hannah, who hears me ask "what could I actually write a blog about?" approximately 10 times a day.
It has happened. A blog is starting now. I may not be funny enough or have an interesting enough life (I don't think anyone has ever told me that my life would make an interesting reality TV show) but I'm going to do my best to keep people informed on my life. While, I'm still unsure what I'm going to write about, I'll give it a whirl and most likely write about everything that pique's my interest.
I just got back from a trip to Arizona and let me tell you, it was AMAZING! 80 degrees everyday, sunny and the best part? NO humidity. My hair looked exactly how I wanted it to at all hours of the day. Many of my friends chose to go on extremely exciting, booze- filled trips but, I'm glad I spent my time lounging around by the pool, drinking wine and doing crossword puzzles (a lot, I might add).
In Arizona, I was able to go hiking... Mindy, my friend, took some amazing pictures. I will do my best to post a few sometime soon, I will just have to figure out how to do that! Can't be too hard.
On the way home from Arizona, we stopped by the Grand Canyon, it is indeed Grand. I hope that I am able to go back again sometime soon, when I'm not extremely sleep deprived from an already long car ride and spring break.
And now for a sense of stability regarding my blog. I hope that I can at least teach the people who read this blog a little something, whether it be a recipe, something about media, something in the news, an interesting tidbit I googled. So for today, this is what you get!
Recipe
Vegan Bean Taco Filling-- This looks great! Something my roommate, Hannah, would love!
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Vegan-Bean-Taco-Filling/Detail.aspx
News Story
AT&T buys T- Mobile for $39 billion, AT&T wants their 4G networks, that's for sure. Do you think it will be approved?
http://mashable.com/2011/03/20/att-tmobile-2/
Interesting Fact/ News on the Job Front
Today was a great day in the world of "Find Alex a job" I was able to speak with the GM at The Saint Paul Hotel and he seems generally interested in my skillz. I was able to reach out to a contact at Hughes Group (a PR firm in St. Louis), a contact at the Mayo Clinic in the Development Office and my boss at TRC contacted the director of a job I applied for and put in a good word for me!
First!
ReplyDeletewow. I ramble.
ReplyDeletegreat start!
ReplyDelete